The scientific committee warmly invite you to submit an abstract for an oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts related to research, evidence-based clinical practice projects, education and leadership initiatives in nursing are invited and should demonstrate a correlation with the conference themes:
- MEASUREMENT: What do nurses measure – how and why? Turning measurements into data
- CLINICAL LEADERSHIP: Thinking nurses who collaborate across disciplines
- FAMILIES: Establishing families as the care hub
- TEACHING: Clinically relevant teaching: breaking the mould of parrot-style learning
- INNOVATION: Sustainable innovation in paediatrics
A variety of different presentation formats are available so please click here to decide which is your preferred choice.
To note: You will need to indicate your choice when you submit your abstract online.
Deadline for Abstract Submission
Abstracts can be submitted online from: 4th July 2016
Abstract submission deadline: 30th September 2016
All authors are asked to please follow the following guidelines carefully.
- Use a concise title that indicates the content of the abstract.
- Decide whether you are submitting for oral or poster presentation
- Structure your abstract as follows:
- Research based abstracts should use the headings: Background/ Aim/ Methods/ Results/ Conclusion
- Non-research abstracts should use headings suitable to the abstract
- Abstracts are limited to 300 words.
- No graphs or diagrams should be included.
- References are not required in the abstract
- Abstracts previously presented at other conferences will be considered.
- Abstracts should be written in English.
For further assistance about how to write an abstract, please download this helpful guide.
Notification and Correspondence
Abstracts will be peer reviewed by the scientific committee and selected on the basis of merit for either oral or poster presentation.
Presenting authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by email, indicating the method of presentation (oral or poster) by 1st December 2016
All presenters of accepted abstracts must be registered as conference delegates, and are required to register by 31st January 2017 to secure their place in the scientific programme. Potential presenters are encouraged to start considering how they will fund their registration once they have submitted their abstract.
To note: all abstracts will be included in an electronic abstract booklet that will be circulated to all delegates.